Symposia Submission – OPENS Janaury 11, 2021, Closes March 11, 2021
The Flux Scientific Committee invites submission of research abstracts for the Flux Annual Congress. Symposia offer a unique opportunity to present a compelling and timely topic with an integrated perspectives.
Symposia can be used to present conclusive evidence of a series of studies or to provoke discussion on areas where more work is required. The requirements are high-quality innovative work within the areas of developmental cognitive neuroscience with integrated human and preferably including animal, postmortem, or computational models probing neural mechanisms.
All symposia are selected by the Scientific Program Committee with priority given to symposia that:
- include topics that address novel or currently debated issues
- bridge between basic and clinical fields and/or between human, animal, postmortem, or computational modeling work.
- include a diverse range of speakers that bring unique approaches or perspectives to the topic, with diversity including variation in intellectual perspective or approach, gender, race, ethnicity, stage of career and geographic location
- encourage in-depth discussion and debate between presenters and the audience
We encourage our membership to submit a proposal to present research that will start conversations, and encourage debate leading to knew insights and resolutions in the field. Student-led symposia are also encouraged
The deadline to submit a symposia abstract is March 11, 2021. Successful submissions will be informed of their inclusion in the 2021 Flux Congress program by early-April.
Please note: we cannot provide support for registration, travel or other expenses for Symposia speakers or organizers.
Symposia sessions will include presentations by 3 (minimum) or 4 (maximum) individual speakers that offer unique perspectives on a specific central theme, followed by a moderated, interactive scientific exchange involving the audience. The symposium session should not exceed 1 hour and 30 minutes and allow for sufficient time for the moderated discussion.
Please note: If accepted, each symposia presenter will be required to submit an individual abstract for their presentation by April 22, 2021.
Symposia Submission Guidelines
To submit a proposal, please read and adhere to the submission guidelines below:
- Prepare to enter the contact name, affiliation/institution name and email address for each of the symposia presenters. Please note: all symposium presenters must be Flux members in good standing.
- Prepare a symposium title (max 225 character limit including spaces – approximately 100 words)
Required Submission Questions
- Include the name and affiliation of your symposium Chair.
- Provide a brief description of the topic, and justify why the proposed topic is novel, contentious, or highly relevant for discussion. 3000 characters including spaces maximum (approx. 500 words)
- Provide the name of each speaker (If accepted, each symposia presenter will be required to submit an individual abstract for their presentation by the general submission deadline of April 8, 2021)
- Within the 1 hour and 30 min symposium, you will be required to indicate how much time will be used for the Symposium introduction, individual speaker presentations, and moderated, interactive scientific exchange
General abstract Summary
Prepare a general abstract summary of the proposed symposium (max 3000 character limit including spaces- approximately 500 words). If selected, this summary will be included in the Flux Congress proceedings. Note: speakers included in successful proposals will be invited to submit individual abstracts for their specific presentations within the symposium by no later than April 22, 2021.