Flux Board Elections
The Flux Society invites all members in good standing to consider standing for election to the Board as a general board member. During this year’s Board election, there will be two (2) vacancies to fill. Board terms are 2 years in duration, effective January 1, 2021, which can be renewed with a maximum of 2 additional 2-year terms.
Board members are expected to participate in regular board meetings via conference call and to attend a face-to-face board meeting during the Flux Congress when held in-person. Additionally, they are asked to assist with specific duties and portfolios as assigned by the Board Executive as well as keep their society membership in good standing.
Members in good standing can self-nominate or be nominated by others.
All nominations must include a 1 page CV from the nominee, and responses to the following questions:
- Why do you wish to serve on the Flux Board?
- What skills and experience do you have that would be valuable to Flux in your role as a Board Member?
If nominating others, the application must also include confirmation from the nominee that they accept the nomination.
Voting will be done electronically and will be open to all members in good standing at the time of voting.
The nomination and election process is as follows:
- Call for nominations open – Wednesday, September 16
- Call for nominations close – Wednesday, September 30 at 23:59 Pacific Standard Time
- Voting opens – Monday, October 5
- Voting closes – Sunday, October 18 at 23:59 Pacific Standard Time
- Announcement of new Board Members – Wednesday, October 28