We are seeking a lab coordinator (Staff Research Associate; SRA) for multiple MRI studies of infants, children, adolescents, and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders at UCLA (PIs: Drs. Mirella Dapretto and Shulamite Green). We are seeking independent, highly motivated candidates to coordinate participant screening, recruitment, data collection (including acquisition of MRI data as well as behavioral and psychophysiological data), and data management. The SRA will also assist with preparing IRB correspondence, grants and publications, as well as training and supervising undergraduate research assistants. Prior background in psychology/neuroscience is required; experience with neuroimaging methods, particularly fMRI, is strongly preferred. We are potentially seeking to fill 1-3 positions, one as soon as possible and two in winter or spring 2023. For all positions, programming skills are a definite plus. A minimum 2-year commitment is required though exceptions will be considered for applicants with significant prior neuroimaging experience.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, CV, transcripts (unofficial is ok), and name and contact information of three references to Dr. Mirella Dapretto ( and Dr. Shulamite Green ().
- B.A./B.S. in Psychology /Neuroscience or related fields (e.g., Psychobiology)
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently with minimal supervision as well as ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Ability to assess situations and problem-solve using own judgment
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with other researchers, staff, students, and PIs, as well as with research participants and their parents
- Experience interacting with infants, children and/or adolescents
- Experience with computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience coordinating research studies with vulnerable/clinical populations
- Experience collecting and/or analyzing behavioral, psychophysiological, MRI, or genetic data
- Ability to multi-task and work in parallel on multiple projects
- Knowledge of graphics programs (e.g., PhotoShop) and statistical software (e.g., SysStat, SPSS)
- Knowledge of UNIX operating system and MRI analysis software (e.g., FSL, AFNI)
- Experience with R, Matlab, or other programming systems
Applicants of any race, ethnicity, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status are encouraged to apply. In particular, as part of UCLA’s Center for Autism Research and Treatment (CART), we are deeply committed to reducing racial disparities and other inequities in autism diagnosis, treatment, and participation in research, and acknowledge our responsibility to create a system of equity, increased diversity, and inclusion within our labs and research programs. CART’s full commitment to anti-racism statement can be found here: https://www.semel.ucla.edu/autism/news/carts-commitment-anti-racism