Invitation to Submit Symposium Proposals for ISDP 2019 in Chicago, Submission deadline is April 1, 2019
Symposium Proposal Submission
52nd Annual Meeting of the International Society for Developmental Psychobiology
October 16-18, 2019, at the Swissôtel Chicago
SUBMISSION SITE IS OPEN – DEADLINE IS APRIL 1, 2019
We are particularly interested in proposals that are likely to stimulate formal and informal discussion. Although the inclusion of a discussant is not a requirement, there should be integration of topics across the individual speakers. At least one speaker must be an ISDP member and speakers must represent different laboratories and locations.
Proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Interest to ISDP members
- Innovation and novelty, including cross-disciplinary topics
- Reputation, country and diversity of speakers
- Likelihood that the symposium will generate discussion and/or stimulate fruitful interactions
One symposium will be awarded a Sackler Award to defray costs of attendance of symposium speakers.
Symposium Submission topic(s) & categories:
- Models of Neurodevelopmental Disorders
- Physiological Processes (including hormonal modulation)
- Socio-emotional (including attachment, temperament)
- Neurodevelopment and Plasticity (including imaging work)
- Learning, Memory, Cognitive Processes
- Genetics,and Epigenetics
- Stress, Adversity
- GxE Interactions
- Cultural Influences
- Sensori-motor development
- Parental behavior (maternal, paternal, parent-child interactions)
Please visit the website for more details about research subject categories.
The 52nd Annual Meeting of the International Society for Developmental Psychobiology (ISDP) will be held October 16-18, 2019, at the Swissôtel Chicago, October 16-18, 2019 as a satellite event immediately prior to the Society for Neuroscience 2019. Researchers interested in the development of behavior in all organisms including man, with special attention to the effects of biological factors operating at any level of organization are encouraged to participate. Abstracts for oral or poster presentation of research results and theory in the area of Developmental Psychobiology as well as student/postdoc travel award applications should be submitted by June 1, 2019.
The ISDP strongly supports and encourages young scientists with travel awards, networking and meeting events designed specifically for the students and postdocs in the field. Student/Postdoc ISDP members who are first authors on abstract presentations are eligible for Travel Awards.