About the Meeting
The Flux Society’s purpose is to advance the understanding of human brain development by serving as a forum for professional and student scientists, physicians, and educators to: exchange information and educate the next generation of developmental cognitive neuroscience researchers; make widely available scientific research findings on brain development; encourage translational research to clinical populations; promote public information by discussing implications on the fields of education, health, juvenile law, parenting, and mental health, and encourage further progress in the field of developmental cognitive neuroscience.
How to Submit
All abstracts will be blind-reviewed by the Program Committee. Submissions will be made through the Conference Manager Software and all submitters are required to be members of the Flux Society. All submissions will be considered for a 10-minute Science of Learning Symposium as well as a 5-minute Flash Talk, unless the submitter opts out. Flash Talk presenters will also present their posters at the Flux Congress.
Abstract submissions open – February 15, 2021
Abstract submissions close – March 29, 2021
Submission deadlines are 23:59 Central Daylight Time on the indicated submission date.
IMPORTANT: Confirmations of accepted oral abstracts will be issued as soon as possible. If you have questions, please Contact Us
- Ensure your membership is in good standing
- Select a theme that most closely aligns with your submission
- Enter your contact name, affiliation/institution name and email address (please note authors may specify only one affiliation)
- Enter all corresponding authors in the order they should appear in the program. Please note – author names and affiliations will appear in the program EXACTLY as they are entered into the submission form.
- Prepare an abstract title (max 225 character limit)
- Prepare the abstract (max 2000 character limit, including spaces)
- By submitting an abstract, you agree to present at the Annual Congress, should your abstract be selected for the program
- You may only be the first author on one submission
- Abstracts should not report findings that will be published elsewhere prior to the meeting, although presentation of the work at a recent meeting (e.g., within a year) of another society is acceptable
- Use standard abbreviations for units of measure. Other abbreviations should be fully spelled out on first mention, followed by the abbreviation in parentheses.
- We are continuing our Open Science initiative of offering poster submissions for preregistration summaries of analyses of completed or soon to be completed datasets. You will be given two options for submission of your abstract:
* Standard submission: A standard abstract for data analysis that has already been completed for the study. The abstract should state the study’s objective, briefly describe the methods used, summarize the results obtained, and state the conclusions. Ideally, these sections will be indicated explicitly. Abstracts should emphasize the significance of results and general principles rather than describe common methods and procedures.
* Pre-registration: Abstract for study that you plan to conduct (or have collected already but not analyzed), and pre-register your hypotheses & data analysis plans. The abstract should state the study’s objective, describe the methods and analysis plans for each hypothesis, and discuss general implications of the study. The data analysis should be completed before the conference to include the results and conclusion in the presentation.
Abstracts should be submitted in plain text and they will be formatted for the program. Submission Themes:
- Executive functioning
- Brain function
- Brain connectivity
- Socioemotional processing
- Environment (stress, SES)
- Brain structure
- Mechanisms (hormones, neurotransmitters, physiology)
- Clinical populations
*Please note the deadline for submission of March 29, 2021 at 23:59 Central Daylight Time.
Click below for more information about how to submit Symposia for the Flux Virtual 2021 Congress!