The Flux Society invites all members in good standing to consider standing for election to the Board as a general board member. During this year’s Board election, there will be three (3) vacancies to fill. Board terms are two years in duration, effective January 1, 2020, which can be renewed with a maximum of two additional two-year terms. Board members are expected to participate in regular board meetings via conference call and to attend a face-to-face board meeting during the Flux Congress, as well as assisting with specific duties and portfolios as assigned by the Board Executive.
Members in good standing can self-nominate or be nominated by others.
All nominations must include a CV from the nominee. Please also comment on the nominee with respect to the following attributes:
- Appreciates the vision and mission of Flux as a society for integrative developmental cognitive neuroscience
- Geographical: US region? Non-US institution?
- Experience interacting with business/industry/philanthropy
- Experience on non-profit boards
- Leadership experience
- Diversity, broadly defined, including: career stage, gender, race, ethnicity, disability
If nominating others, the application must also include confirmation from the nominee that they accept the nomination.
Voting will be done electronically and will be open to all members in good standing at the time of voting.
Nominations will close September 17. Voting period is September 23 – October 7.