The Flux Society invites all members in good standing to consider standing for election to the Board of Directors as a director-at-large. During this year’s Board election, there will be at least 2 vacancies to fill.
Board terms are two years in duration, effective September 21, 2021, which can be renewed with a maximum of two additional two-year terms. Board members are expected to participate in regular board meetings via conference call and to attend a face-to-face board meeting during the Flux Congress, as well as assisting with specific duties and portfolios as assigned by the Board Executive.
Flux Society members in good standing can self-nominate or be nominated by others in good standing. Please also comment on the nominee or provide in a self-nomination cover letter, with respect to the following attributes, that are not requirements but provides a broader picture of the candidate:
- Appreciates the vision and mission of Flux as a society for integrative developmental cognitive neuroscience
- How many Flux Congresses you have attended
- Geographical: US region? Non-US institution?
- Experience interacting with business/industry/philanthropy
- Experience on non-profit boards
- Leadership experience
- Diversity, broadly defined, including: gender, race, ethnicity, disability, career stage, or other dimensions
If nominating others, the application must also include confirmation from the nominee that they would accept the nomination.
Voting will be done electronically and will be open to all members in good standing (have an up to date membership) at the time of voting.
Deadline for nomination: July 23, 23:59pm Pacific Time– CLOSED